Thursday 25 July 2013

THE BREAKFAST WITH SUNDAR FALLOUT PART ONE: THE ANDROID TABLET RISING






SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
THE BREAKFAST WITH SUNDAR FALLOUT  PART ONE: THE ANDROID TABLET RISING

#SundarPichai #Android43 #Nexus72 #Chromecast #Apple #iPad

Good afternoon, Synapse Circuit Readers! Are you still buzzing from the Google event yesterday? I am!

HARD TO SWALLOW
It certainly looks as though my prophecy has been fulfilled with regards to 2013 being the year of the Android tablet. According to Sundar Pichai, it has taken 3 years for to reach almost 80 million Android tablet activations. I am certain that this figure will rise further with the brilliant new Nexus 7.

In comparison to the mighty iPad it seems as though sales are in decline recently and I attribute this to the following:

1. A 6 month period between the iPad 3 and iPad 4 which included the new Lightning connection.

2. The Lightning connection; I think the introduction of this new connection made many iPad fans angry as it meant that accessories based on the old 30-pin would be incompatible with the fourth generation.

3. The introduction of the iPad mini. I believe that the iPad mini has cannibalized the iPad somewhat just like the iPad has cannibalized sales of Mac computers.

It is very interesting to see what the next generation of iPads will do on the marketplace. As you may know from reading my articles I think that Apple’s Tim Cook and Phil Schiller do a great job on exaggerating their market worth and I bet you that upon the release of the Nexus 7 mark II there will be press releases and adverts that exaggerates the amount of iPads that have sold and are being sold. I guess that’s just Apple’s way of trying to keep a firm grip on the market.
Now I am wondering what the second generation Nexus 10 will bring. I am determined to get a hold of a tablet this year and if the Nexus 7 mark II is anything to go by I think Samsung will rule again for Google on the 10 inch tablet front.

What do you reckon?   

Take good care!


Please enjoy the video below! Feel free to leave some comments and subscribe!

 


Thank you for watching and reading!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment