Tuesday 2 July 2013

ROOTING FOR YOU: YOU’VE GOT NO SENSE. PART 7






SYNAPSE CIRCUIT
ROOTING FOR YOU:
YOU’VE GOT NO SENSE.
PART 7   


#Rooting #Cyanogenmod #NovaPrime #Launchers #Android #HTCOneX #AOKP #MIUI

Good evening, Synapse Circuit Readers! How are you doing tonight? Do you watch a lot of TV? Cable TV is a truly odd concept in that one does not get to choose the channels. I guess if it were up to me I’d end up with about 10 channels... Anyway, on with the article...

YOU’VE GOT NO SENSE
Yes, that’s what happens when your root your phone and install a custom ROM. Lol! You lose Sense if you have an HTC, TouchWiz / Samsung and so on. But you know this already if you have been following my articles on rooting and have successfully rooted and installed a custom ROM. Well, done! Forgive me if that came across as patronizing; I didn’t exactly sail through rooting myself. It makes me feel so proud that some of you have told me, through Facebook, that you’ve rooted your handsets! Great!

The only handsets that I haven’t yet rooted are my Galaxy’s S4 and Note 2. I will get around to it at some point... It’s not a great priority right now.
I said that the last article on rooting was the last until I could think of anything relevant to add. Well, I here I am with part 7! A couple of friends of mine were quite impressed with my newly acquired second hand HTC One X – they both have the One X + and they wanted to know why my HTC One X looks so unique. So, I told them about rooting and how I installed a custom ROM from Cyanogenmod that did away with the Sense skin for a pure vanilla Android experience. I also let my friends know that there are other custom ROM sources such as Paranoid Android, MIUI, AOKP and so on. I also revealed the following:

ADW Launcher – Sense / TouchWiz replacement
Kii – keyboard replacement
Utter – Voice Command substitute
HD Widgets – Weather / clock widget

I have now given them the task to root their HTC handset and install a custom ROM by this weekend. We shall see...

GONE SUPER NOVA
Since then I have purchased the Nova Prime launcher as it has better features than ADW Launcher. Now I am able to use my custom made 720 (width) x 1280 (height) wallpapers that I have created in Photoshop. In fact I bought Nova Prime by TeslaCoil Software in the early hours of the morning. The only fault that I found with it was that I wasn’t able to create shortcuts for my Facebook Pages with the Facebook Pages Manager app; a tad annoying as my pages was just one click away. Bah! I hope that TeslaCoil Software will fix that soon. Over the next few days I will be exploring the features and may well review it soon.

In the meantime, enjoy modding your Android!

Remember: You can always unbrick your handset. Don’t panic!

Let me know what you think!

Take good care!


Please enjoy the video below! Feel free to leave some comments and subscribe!





Thank you for watching and reading!

Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment