Monday 15 April 2013

ARE BATTERY EXTENSION KITS ANY GOOD?





SYNAPSE CIRCUIT ASKS:
ARE BATTERY EXTENSION KITS ANY GOOD?


Good evening, Synapse Circuit Readers! What a lovely day it has been! It is still quite sunny out even though it is almost 19:00! Time for a spring clean!

BATTERY EXTENSION KITS, ARE THEY GOOD?

The reason why I ask is because I am still mourning the death of my much beloved Samsung Galaxy S! That phone was so awesome with its front-facing camera ‘n’ all! So, I am left wondering why my Galaxy S died...

When I got my Galaxy S it wasn’t long before I noticed that the battery didn’t last long. So, I looked online and found that there were some battery extension kits available! I purchased a kit that gave me a bigger battery, 3000 mAh, and a battery cover to compensate for the extra bulk! It worked perfectly for the first year and afterwards I noticed that the battery would lose charge quicker than it did. By the end of the day I had to resort to the original Samsung battery.

I also noticed that my Galaxy S was starting to function erratically; apps took ages to launch and then they did they crashed! I performed a factory reset and it seemed to work better for a while... Within a couple of hours the same problems persisted. The next thing I did was to root it. Rooting seemed to work for a bit...

OBSERVATION & CONCLUSION

I noticed that whenever I had to use the original battery I noticed that the phone performed a lot better – albeit briefly!

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that battery extension kits may way work in the short term but over a long period – let’s say a year or so – these kits could damage your handset. I think that my beloved Galaxy S was damaged because the extra power was burning it out!
So, the moral of this blog is: Use those battery extension kits at your own risk. You’d be better off purchasing a spare battery directly from the manufacturer.

My rule... And I must stress that this is MY RULE... My rule is that if the battery kit is not from the same manufacturer as your handset then do not purchase it.

It’s funny, I never bought myself an extension kit for the Galaxy S2 and it works perfectly – more so now that I am running a Cyanogenmod version of Android Jelly Bean 4.2! The battery consumption is so much better than how it was with TouchWiz! Hmmmm... Interesting...

Please let me know if you have had any problems or good experiences with your battery extensions.

Thank you for reading!


Please check out the Synapse Circuit website for video, i-PDF and more! 

Synapse Circuit Dot Com

No comments:

Post a Comment