Tuesday 29 January 2013

PANTECH: VEGA №6


PANTECH: VEGA №6

Good afternoon, Synapse Circuit Readers... It’s such a grey day here in London. I prefer the snow – it reflects light! All this grey is rather discouraging. But, hey, I am healthy (touch wood) and I own some pretty decent tech! Lol! How can I not be cheerful with a Galaxy Note II in my pocket?

I also get to write about exciting tech, be it handsets, software, hardware, etc. Hey, what’s this? Is it a techno-tombstone for a deceased pet? It’s the...
 

...VEGA №6!
Wow! I am loving these massive handsets that are about to be launched in this quarter! I think that these handsets will certainly help bring about a new design of app that can scale beautifully on the tablet!

The Pantech Vega №6 sounds like something out of Futurama or Star Trek! But it looks great! Here are some features:

5.9-inch full HD display with a pixel resolution of 1920 x 1080.
1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
13MP rear camera, “comparable to a DSLR”.
2MP front-facing camera.
2GB of RAM.
32GB of internal storage.
MicroSD slot.
3,150 mAh battery
Android 4.1 with Pantech’s own Flux UX user overlay.

Amazing spec, huh? Now is the Vega №6 aimed directly at the Galaxy Note II or the forthcoming Galaxy SIV? It’s hard to say... The spec above is very similar to what is rumoured about the SIV and I do believe in the SIV spec: 4.99” Super AMOLED full HD resolution @ 1920 x 1080 pixels, the new Exynos Octa 5 8-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz! It’s feasible! Oh, the main camera is also 13MP! You can never tell with Samsung. I, for one, was expecting a 12 or 16 megapixel camera on the SIII so I am expecting Samsung to up the ante where the camera is concerned. One can only guess at what the Note III will feature as the Android handset has grown, not only as the leading mobile OS, but physically too! I thought that a “normal” (lol) Android handset would not go beyond 5” – that’s “phablet” territory! But I think the “phablet” is going to be erased from the mobile dictionary of jargon this year. Or its meaning will have certainly changed by the end of 2013. 4.99” and above is the standard now and anything smaller is the “mini”.

Once you go big screen you can’t go back! I am so used to my Galaxy Note II now that I don’t think of it as a “phablet” anymore. I think 6.5” is going to be the only way that the term “phablet” will be appropriate. I wonder who is going to make that... Samsung? It very well could be the case as this is said to be the size of the Note III! I’m up for that! I am a big burly man with big burly man hands! Bring it on!

AVAILABILITY?
I don’t know if the Vega №6 will ever reach Europe; it’s going to be launched in South Korea next month. I should think that if it takes off in South Korea – as I think it will – it’ll come to Europe and the States / Canada. I never heard of Pantech as a mobile manufacturer until a few days ago! This would certainly be the handset to break the Pantech name as a Android handset manufacturer to be reckoned with.

I would love to get hold of one!

Thank you for reading!

In the meantime please check out the Interactive PDF right here:
Synapse Circuit Dot Com!

No comments:

Post a Comment